Welcome!!

Welcome to Book Belle! I am the Book Belle, Maria! I am a born and raised Southern Belle from North Carolina, and a lover of all things books! Please feel free to say hello, comment on my posts,and PLEASE check out the books I refer to! I love to read, and I love recommending books! So check em' out!!! You won't be sorry!

Friday, August 19, 2011

Finally! Review for Cherished!

I finished Cherished this morning, and I have to say - I truly enjoyed this book. First of all it is a Christian-based novel. I am a Christian, and a firm believer of Jesus Christ. This book rang true with me. It touched my heart deeply. Even if you are not a Christian or have lost your Faith this book will touch you some way or another.

This book is about a young woman who you could say is down on her luck with a job, her faith, and finds some encouragement from her brothers to move from Texas back to St. Louis, her home town. When she returns, many things are drudged back up- especially pain. Kelli, the main character, had an abortion seven years ago when her boyfriend, Brian, decided he didn't want anything to do with the baby or her, because he was going to college and that was that. Brian, on the other hand, found Faith and God, and became a Christian rapper. He also is seeking out Kelli to reconcile and apologize. Although in Kelli's mind a apology can never bring back the child they lost. Throughout the story there are many examples of Faith, believing you are worthy of God, and that you can do anything if you follow God's plan for you. There are other examples of God's forgiveness throughout the novel besides Brian and Kelli's. This book made me remember that God Forgives, and no matter how hard it is, we all should too.

If you are interested in this book - please check it out on Amazon! (Link on the last blog!)

No comments:

Post a Comment