Welcome!!

Welcome to Book Belle! I am the Book Belle, Maria! I am a born and raised Southern Belle from North Carolina, and a lover of all things books! Please feel free to say hello, comment on my posts,and PLEASE check out the books I refer to! I love to read, and I love recommending books! So check em' out!!! You won't be sorry!

Friday, August 5, 2011

The first post...

It is the first post, and I never really can come up with anything fantastic to first say when I start any piece of writing, it usually comes later... yes I am silly!

First a little about myself.. I am 24. I am young. I have a little girl that will be 2 in April 2012. I have gone back to school. My goal is to graduate as a Medical Assistant but that all could change. My prior field of work was working as a Veterinary Assistant. I have not worked since I had my daughter. I stay at home with her when I am not in school. I read in my spare time, and I spend a lot of time on the computer. I will admit, I am a junkie of the computer. I love techie things and love tooling on the internet. 

  Like I said I love to read. LOVE IT! I am reading Pride and Prejudice currently right just after reading a retelling of the story, written prettily by Kara Lousie. If you like Jane Austen and her books, check this novel out.
Darcy's Voyage by Kara Louise

I came across it on Amazon, and I downloaded it onto my Kindle. I love my Kindle, it was a Christmas gift, and one of the best ones too. I read all sorts of books on that contraption! So I recently read this lovely novel, then lead to read the original. I have never read Pride and Prejudice before. I read Sense and Sensibility but that is only because I love the movie so much. So unto myself I decided to watch Pride and Prejudice the movie before I finished the book. I enjoyed the movie. I knew the basic plot line of the story since I read Louise's retelling. I am a sucker for the Historical Romances. I will add more later about all three of these fantastic novels. I must getting ready for my 4 day weekend getaway! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment