Welcome!!

Welcome to Book Belle! I am the Book Belle, Maria! I am a born and raised Southern Belle from North Carolina, and a lover of all things books! Please feel free to say hello, comment on my posts,and PLEASE check out the books I refer to! I love to read, and I love recommending books! So check em' out!!! You won't be sorry!

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My Vacation and Books...

So I went on a wonderful four day weekend with my boyfriend to Wilmington, North Carolina. Beach, Battleships, and Ghosts. Oh and Books! First a bit about my trip...

We went and saw the USS North Carolina.. very cool. it was a battleship used during World War II. Check it out if ya ever go there! Our biggest thing was going to the beach. We went to Carolina Beach, drove around and went to the pier, but we sunned ourselves on Wrightsville most of the time.Our hotel was only five miles. It was beautiful! I also mentioned ghosts, well not exactly ghosts but we went on the Ghost Walk of Old Wilmington. Very interesting, very cool and historical. I got some crazy photos with orbs in them.. I will post some pictures later!

Lastly, I broke down and bought Julia Quinn's Just Like Heaven. I read over half of it sitting on the beach in my chair. I have not quite finished it but I LOVE it! I love every book she writes. I have read almost all of her books. It was funny, sweet, entertaining! If you have ever read her previous novels and know of the notorious Smythe-Smith Quartets then you will love this book because it is about one of the girls!!! :) Check it out!
Just Like Heaven - Julia Quinn


No comments:

Post a Comment