Welcome!!

Welcome to Book Belle! I am the Book Belle, Maria! I am a born and raised Southern Belle from North Carolina, and a lover of all things books! Please feel free to say hello, comment on my posts,and PLEASE check out the books I refer to! I love to read, and I love recommending books! So check em' out!!! You won't be sorry!

Thursday, August 11, 2011

"Hello Kitty Must Die"

In my previous post I mentioned I had started reading Hello Kitty Must Die by Angela Choi. Well. I finished it. Yes, in one day. Honestly It was one of those books you have to keep reading. It was funny, dark, crude, and very blatant but also shows a side of what Chinese American culture is like. ALSO, it has a serial killer in it. That is all I am saying about the serial killer.

The main character, Fiona is a 28 year Chinese American lawyer, and a virgin. She is funny, witty, and very crude. She compares Chinese women to Hello Kitty. It's a wonderful novel. Well written, very descriptive, and not at all long-winded. I enjoyed reading it. I shall look into her other and future novels.

Check it out!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment