Welcome!!

Welcome to Book Belle! I am the Book Belle, Maria! I am a born and raised Southern Belle from North Carolina, and a lover of all things books! Please feel free to say hello, comment on my posts,and PLEASE check out the books I refer to! I love to read, and I love recommending books! So check em' out!!! You won't be sorry!

Friday, August 12, 2011

"Pilgrims Don't Wear Pink"

 I am a member of www.netgalley.com (you can request books from publishers, and review them) and reviewed recently (like literally last night read the whole book) Pilgrims Don't Wear Pink. Here is my review.. the book won't be out for almost a year but still, I will sing some praises, the Author, Stephanie Kate Strohm, this is her first novel and I think she did a wonderful job!
::Review Time::

Pilgrims Don't Wear Pink, written by Stephanie Kate Strohm, is very charming, funny, a great young adult novel celebrating the summer and teenage love. There is a little bit of everything in this book, history, love, even a "ghost". It's witty, a great read to sit on the beach and enjoy. Unfortunately I only got to read it in my living room but that didn't stop me from putting it down. It's rated for 12 plus years, and 7th grade plus. I only had a few quips about the novel, nothing major, but still thought it needed addressing.

Libby, the main character is very likeable, but she is not well fleshed out, the only thing I restrospectively know about her from the entire book is that she is from Minnesota, she is blond, has blue eyes, short stature, and is a History nerd who loves Jane Austen. That was from the entire book. Maybe a little more description for Libby would be lovely. Also perhaps a little more for her bestfriend, Dev, too. He is Indian, what kind of Indian? American Indian, or India - Indian

I also felt the ending was slighted. It ended so fast, and perhaps a bit too suddenly. Maybe a rewrite for the ending might be in order. Otherwise than that I look forward to seeing this book out for sale! Great YA Novel!
(This book will be out sometime in May 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment