Welcome!!

Welcome to Book Belle! I am the Book Belle, Maria! I am a born and raised Southern Belle from North Carolina, and a lover of all things books! Please feel free to say hello, comment on my posts,and PLEASE check out the books I refer to! I love to read, and I love recommending books! So check em' out!!! You won't be sorry!

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Started a new book...

So upon taking ENG 111 this summer in college, my wonderful teacher, Ms. Harkins had us read a excerpt called "Fish Cheeks" written by Amy Tan.. well lo and behold on Amazon for Kindle I came across a few days (August 1st to be exact) ago a novel written by Angela Choi called Hello Kitty Must Die. Reading the excerpt about the novel I see this...

"A demonic stir-fry of influences, including Amy Tan, Chuck Palahniuk, Clive Barker, and Candace Bushnell, infuses Choi's prose with passionate ferocity."( (Apr.)
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.)

Viola! I had to check it out! ::downloading to kindle:: 

So this morning I was perusing my collection on my Kindle this morning so I decided to start reading it. I am not so very far into the novel, but so far I am enjoying it immensely. Here is more info on her, and a link to the book on Amazon...

Hello Kitty Must Die - Angela S Choi

http://angelaschoi.com/

Will update more once I get further into the novel!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment